Specialist sector knowledge
We believe the general principles of business remain the same in each industry and we are therefore able to assist clients whatever sector they operate in.
Over the years we have gained specialist knowledge in several sectors and our client base has therefore grown in these areas.
The specialist sectors we operate in are listed in the menu on the left and below:
Barnett Ravenscroft has a well established reputation for dealing with the accounting, taxation and financial needs of those in the healthcare sector.
We understand the specialist requirements of healthcare professionals and are able to provide the advice and support needed for both business and personal financial matters.
We act for GP’s in Birmingham and specialists in Harley Street, supplying them with the information and advice they need to run a successful practice.
Our specially developed range of services will provide you with information and support on:
- Accounting records
- Annual accounts
- Budget and cash flow forecasts
- Management Accounts
- Profit improvement through appraisal and advice
- Taxation – Self Assessment/Tax Planning
- Taxation for individuals, partnerships and limited companies
- Business advice including partnership changes
- Capital expenditure projects
- Personal Financial Planning* – investment, pension, and retirement planning
* Investment, pension and retirement planning advice can be given by our bespoke wealth management team, Barnett Ravenscroft Wealth Management
We can advise in all financial areas of your healthcare practice giving excellent service and reliable, timely advice that will enable you to focus on achieving your long term goals.
Back to top
Manufacturing & Engineering
The UK’s many manufacturing and engineering companies come in many shapes and sizes. Barnett Ravenscroft have been advising a whole range of these companies through the years and continue to do so.
We see the manufacturing and engineering sector as vital to the economic futures of Birmingham and the UK and are actively helping clients in this area to improve efficiencies and increase profits.
We have picked up specialist knowledge of this sector over time and can help you with the following specific areas:
- Preparation of cashflow forecasts
- Preparation of management accounts and reviews in line with forecasts
- Job costing and product pricing
- Labour and material recovery rates
- Optimisation of stock control procedures
- Raising finance for the acquisition of plant
- Tax planning including specialist advice relating to research and development tax credits
- Business exist strategy advice
- Advising on implementing IT systems and accounting software
- Assistance with acquisitions, disposals or mergers
Of course we can also provide the necessary accounting, payroll and audit services as required as well.
Back to top
Construction & Property Services
Construction and property services can be difficult areas to operate in. The accounting and tax implications are complicated and without careful planning and specialist advice companies can have VAT, capital gains and corporation tax issues.
Barnett Ravenscroft have a range of experience throughout property construction, acquisition, development and property sales both commercially and residentially. We act for a number of construction, development and property management companies providing advice and guidance through all of the business transactions.
We offer a complete property service and use established business contacts including solicitors, surveyors and bankers to assist you through whichever process you need.
Our services include:
- Capital gains tax advice and planning
- VAT support and planning
- Capital allowance reviews and specialist advice
- Property portfolio management
- Rental accounts and personal tax returns
- Company vs personal property advice
- Estate and inheritance tax planning
Back to top
Barnett Ravenscroft are dedicated to helping new businesses to get of the ground.
Since 1975 we have helped many businesses to start up, a considerable number of which have developed in to substantial owner managed businesses which we continue to provide guidance and support today.
We can assist with:
- Constructive evaluation of your business idea,
- Advice regarding the most suitable trading vehicle for your business.
- Business plans, cashflow projections, budgets, and trading forecasts
- Banking and financial arrangements
- Company statutory issues
- Notifying HM Revenue & Customs and dealing with them as required
- Dealing with company secretarial issues
- Setting up the right bookkeeping and recording systems for your business.
Once we have all of this in place, we can then assist you in reviewing the performance of the company with monthly and quarterly management accounts to ensure that that opportunities are maximised and threats are averted.
Back to top